View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 07:18 AM   #23
fletchf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen751 View Post
Over all do you recommend it? Any other complaints? I like that it has car play/apple play and also like that it has Bluetooth to play music since my 2011 didn’t come with that option
Yes, it has some issues and is quirky sometimes but so is my Android phone. My main problem has been with Waze, sometimes I would get all audio out of my front left speaker only but I figured out that if I launch Waze first and then the audio app I want to use that issue goes away. Sometimes Waze launches and freezes or cannot find the network, now I just wait until I am sure it has connected to my phones hotspot and has internet access and that issue is fixed as well. I think it is worth the $450, the screen looks great and the system works pretty well for the most part.

I like it for watching ESPN, Netflix, HBO Go, even the NCAA tournament while waiting in the car to pick up my kids after school or at sporting events.

I also use multi-screen a lot and have Waze running on half of the screen and a music app (Amazon or Spotify) on the other half.

I have not tried connecting my phone directly to it with Bluetooth, I still have my phone connect to the car and then run a hotspot that the Avin unit connects to.
Appreciate 0