11-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #139
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
Not sure if I follow your logic here... get rid of the stuff that keeps emissions low, and performance high- sure that makes a lot of sense. You obviously have little clue to what efficient dynamics is for or the fact it started years ago and that every current BMW offering is a product of it.

Brilliant.

The glass mat battery etc. takes away zero performance so why would you get rid of it?
I know exactly what Efficient Dynamics is, as well as what it's about and what it's for. I like all the fuel efficiency ideas and keeping emissions low. I just don't like the start stop electric motor interference and also not crazy about technologies that are not yet mature (ie: reliability).

As you could see in F1, there was no real benefit in terms of overall performance, on the cars running KERS*; thus all teams have agreed to not run them in 2010.

P.S.: Think of our lovely electronic throttles ... are they not fun and wonderful in the lag they have? It's so sweet when you are doing rapid runs + rapid shifting ... just to feel the latency in reaction time vs the previous direct connection that was to the throttle body.
Appreciate 0