View Single Post
      08-26-2018, 11:10 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I watch a lot of Chemical Guy videos when it comes to the exterior of the car whether it's how to properly wash a car to how to do a paint correction. here's a video of the 2 bucket method that gabypr mentioned. it's one of the ways to help prevent swirls and scratches. for starters...NO MORE PUBLIC CAR WASHES!!!!

If you already have minor swirls and scratches I highly recommend doing a paint correction before using any of those Chemical Guy products you bought that way you're not wasting product. here's a bit of an example of what I did before sealing everything up that way in the future you know you started on a clean slate and if you start to find swirls and scratches it maybe you're not properly washing and detailing your car?

you definitely want a detailing cart and a mechanics swivel chair all courtesy of Harbor Freight!

2nd...Clay Bar! get all those contaminants off your paint

Chemical Guys variety of pads to use for your paint correction. the orange is for heavy cutting, white for polishing and the black is for applying waxes and sealants

because I was a cheapo I opted with the HF polisher but because their back plate created too much heat the fix for this from what everyone recommended was the backing plate from Lake Country which I also ordered some pads from them as well. the HF polisher is retiring this year as i'm gonna finally invest in either a Porter Cable or Torx from Chemical Guys.

BTW, don't know if you ordered this yet but it's amazing! I use this Natural Shine on anything from tires, engine compartment and the plastic pieces in the interior. doesn't give it that crazy glossy look but more of a natural or matte finish. Also the V07 is great for a Spray Detailer/Sealant after all your car washes

i have the same pressure washer from HD as well!

i didn't order the foam canon from CG as I've heard and seen throughout every car forum they're just rebranded ebay canon's so i ordered this for like $17. does exactly what it suppose to do!

but to further help prevent scratches and swirls i don't MF dry my car i use my Ryobi Leaf Blower attachment which is awesome because it blows all the water out of every crevice!

some nice mirror reflection shots during the paint correction

anyways, that's just a somewhat of an intro to car detailing. it can get out of hand cause you think you need everything but start out with what you have and just add to that. for us owners with black cars we have to take even more precaution since black shows everything!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 08-26-2018 at 11:41 PM..
Appreciate 0