08-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamrockbwoy View Post
Perfect answer to my question. Thanks!

I've heard that there is a chance the pressure washer can chip paint, since you have the same one, should I be concerned about this?
Does the foam cannon connect to the pressure washer for the foam process?
Does the regular garden hose then connects to the pressure washer for the rinse process? Sorry for all these questions.
So if you have chipped paint and the pressure washer hits it the right way it can make it worse, but with a 40psi tip and an electric pressure washer the chance is probably low (gas pressure washers are more powerful).

Also yes the hose connects to the pressure washer and the foam cannon to the pressure washer gun...

Here's the process if the car is really dirty (specially after driving in the winter)

Clean wheels first (I use Sonax Wheel cleaner, let that soak for a few mins while you setup the pressure washer)

then rinse the wheels (unless they are really dirty you shouldn't have to scrub them too much)

Foam the car while its dry, loosens the stuck on grime...

Then you can either rinse and foam again and then use a wash mitt, or get a bucket full of water (and the same soap) and use the 2 bucket wash method.

I like to foam the car while dry and then rinse and then foam again and do a 2 bucket wash, main reason because i want to make sure i can remove as much of the crap during the first foaming as possible.

For maintenance washes i just rinse the car and foam it (after cleaning the wheels)

Also foam the wheels as well, that way you can clean them again with a seperate wash mitt (i used 2 wash mitts for the car) and 1 for the wheels/exhaust...

Since you have carbon black i'd suggest getting a ceramic coating done, you can either do it yourself (make sure to do a proper paint correction) or you can pay a shop to do it...(they will charge anywhere from 1000-1500 including paint correction)

Advantage of the ceramic coating is its a semi permanent wax type coating.

I put mine on Oct 2016...and its still holding up well (you still have to wash it properly etc) and i usually use a quick detailer (kenotek) that has a sealant in it...to help with gloss and hydrophobic properties..

I applied mine myself using the uber ceramic coating kit (it was 150 on amazon) its easy to apply and the most difficult part is prep...

Also if you're going to detail it before you hit it with the Dual Action polisher...make sure to do the following

1) get some ironX and spray it all over the car, it will help to remove any bonded contaminants
2) claybar the entire car after the ironx to get the rest of the crap in the clear coat out
3) foam the car with DISH SOAP, this helps to remove any old wax/grease coatings from the car...IT IS NOT GOOD TO USE dish soap regularly, but its good to use it before polishing and sealing to help remove all the shit from the car and have a nice clean surface, you want to make sure your paint is super smooth (use the plastic bag test) before you hit it with the machine polisher...

Also remember let the machine do the work, so you don't want to apply any pressure to the machine....

Plenty of youtube videos on this..

MOST IMPORTANTLY TAKE before and after pics!

almost 2 yrs now and going strong..

Here's my full thread...

https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1312865
Appreciate 2
gabypr150.00