10-09-2023, 01:15 PM   #57
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscospirit View Post
latest update:

i did a Calculation with E-Sys and found out, that i need another MGU.
also i found a guy who provide me the HWEL numbers, but now the confusion begins:

IST:
00005F32 LU MGU High 1.0 DIN B314__0073 (CPU high, 6GB RAM, 32GB eMMC, HDD, WLAN, USB2, USB3, OABR 4Port) MGU

SOLL:
00007867 LU MGU HIGH F 1 DIN B264 (CPU high, 6GB RAM, 128GB eMMC, WLAN, GPS, USB2, OABR 5Port) MGU

the wanted MGU doesn't have the CVBS Port, which is necessary for nightvision, so i really don't know why E-SYS tells me, that I need this HWEL.
Also why the hell one with an GPS port? very strange, especially as there are others which would fit better from HWEL number.
so i really don't get behind the logic of this HWEL numbers.

Can anyone help me to better understand the HWEL topic?

Anyway: i got back my NiVi ECU patched to my VIN and doing the research for the harness right now.

There are 2 options now:

1. I do the retrofit with out changing the MGU, so i have full functionallity of NightVision in HUD, and KOMBI but no Night Vision Video on the Screen, because my MGU doesn't support this.
2. I do all from point 1 but also try to replace the MGU to some with an CVBS port.

thats current state of play.

So people who have done the RSE retrofit also had to change the MGU so yes you will need to change the MGU
Appreciate 0