03-19-2020, 12:37 AM   #37
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcali925 View Post
Refunds

Any items returned will be inspected for quality and condition. We will notify you immediately on the status of your refund after the inspection of the item.

Upon approval, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive your credit back within a certain amount of business day, depending on your card issuer's policy.

Here is the refund policy from ikonmotorsports
.com. Doesn't sound like you followed this process. Maybe your a licensed body expert. I don't know. I asked for feedback and you start ranting. I'm sure you did everything just perfectly and nothing (absolutely nothing) but the parts caused this problem and now for shame. For shame ikon for not going out of your way on a $250 part that literally costs pennies on the dollar. Yes, they should spend money for someone to answer your complaint, dig in, and really have a stellar customer experience. On the other hand they can mass produce a cheap product and price it and a point a wide audience finds acceptable. Is it possible that a certain percent of people might complain and/or have an issue which they won't care about? Basic economics if you ask me. But what would I know either. I'm just some dude somewhere.
Congrats, you found their refund policy, which has jack all to do with a warranty policy. Nowhere on their warranty does it say "void if not installed by professional" so it doesn't matter if I'm a professional or not. You're right about one thing though, I did nothing wrong on the install because there's nothing to go wrong. Stick a bolt through a hole, put nut on bolt, tighten nut down, don't gorilla it. What's there to go wrong unless you're literally incompetent with tools?

Yes, they're mass producing cheap parts (and in the process blatantly infringing on the IP of all kinds of companies) from some rando factory in China, so yes there's bound to be QA issues due to lack of testing of parts. Heck, the lip I got had a paint chip that I didn't even bother warrantying for because it was barely noticeable once it was installed. The people running these aftermarket eBay stores probably haven't even touched 99% of the vehicles they make stuff for. So, having said that, wouldn't that be exactly the point of having a warranty policy? They KNOW they have non-existent QA (which they obviously won't admit), so to try to say "nah warranty doesn't apply" when it's a QA related issue seems dodgy as fuck to me. Using your warranty to cover for your dodgy QA to preserve your all important eBay score (which is where they sell the vast majority of their goods) seems like basic economics to me.

Last edited by Unspec; 03-19-2020 at 12:43 AM..
Appreciate 0