Quote:
Originally Posted by rkstar9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marclind View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
Glad to be of help, feel free to ask more questions. I will try to fully install the new harness this weekend. It's in the car already meaning going from fuse box to the firewall under the carpet. I haven't yet made the needed hole and push the harness through rubber grommet that shrouds the harness as it goes out from driver side inside to the outside of the car. And for the passenger side I need to remove the blower motor cover to get the harness through since the HVAC structure is in the way. Then, once I've made sure of continuity, I can test the new lights without having to remove the existing ones just to make sure things work. Then it would be the bumper removal and swap. (If all goes well ��)
Would appriciate if you can snap some photos and maybe email me or something. The guy who helps me said that no extra cables is needed. Just two CAN cables and something about LIN cables
He told me that LED uses less pins of all optional headlights. I have xenon pre-LCI on mine without adaptive steering, but I,ve bought a interior mirror for a car that has highbeam assistance so i´ll prepare for that upgrade while im doing this.
Highbeam assistance should be controlled by the FRM 3 if ive got this right?

My email is my username @Hotmail.com
LED headlights use 8 connections each total. There is DEFINITELY need to add at least 1 if not 2 power cables from the fuse boxes. Otherwise, it's essentially getting all the power from the FRM, which I'm not sure is capable of a full LED load (I could be wrong). Yes you need CAN3 lines from ZGW to headlights and lastly Lin connections to be moved around. It can be done using existing cables but that is a one way road since once you have them in, it would be very hard to go back to stock for any reason. My plan is I at least want to keep that option open hence adding the additional harness.

I had put together a diagram of all the wiring here: https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthr...LED+headlights

speaking of FRM load. since they fry easily when moisture gets anywhere, could one add a fuse between frm and headlight. ?

talking about the data cable that comunicates frm with headlight modules stm and stml
You could, but ideally you want power from fuse box and communication signals (LIN)from the FRM.
Appreciate 0