Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilv86 View Post
Yes, i've succeed Kafas 1 (not 2) retrofit.
Does the Kafas2 camera work with the Kafas1 ECU?

An does someone have the part number of the blue connector connecting to the ECU?

And what is the benefit of having Kafas2 above Kafas1? I only see downsides like you need to buy these expensive FSC codes.

Thanks a lot.
Restarting this thread.. first off the new KAFAS2 camera does not work with the KAFAS1 ECU.

I'm in the process of converting my pre LCI with KAFAS1 to new windshield/camera/ecu to KAFAS2. I currently have the CIC Nav and I've seen 2013 650i with CIC NAV and KAFAS2 camera/ecu setup so it should be doable.

My concern is the camera for kafas, they are different part numbers for almost all models and I presume this is because of slightly different angles of the windshield. Though the cameras have an adjustment screw on top of it. This makes me wonder if any of the newer cameras can be used after the manual adjustment of the camera angle. Does anyone know?

Secondly, for KAFAS2 with CIC, I'm assuming the FSCs are still needed (donor car had all options coded, ped detection, HBA, lane dept, etc..) and I also have an SLI emulator.

Since the wiring is pretty much identical between KAFAS1 and KAFAS2 (except heating connector for the KAFAS2 camera on the windshield), what else would be needed besides a simple swap and installing Emulator and also changing the FDL coding in CIC to select KAFAS2?
Appreciate 0