View Single Post
      10-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #26
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanlieu View Post
Recently cross shopped these cars: Ftype is a good looking pig. A pig in that for its size, its waaaaaay too heavy for someone like me who likes toss-able cars.

991.1 is a fantastic car, but a bit too GT for our tastes (my wife drives the sports cars too), so when all was said and done we ended up with a 981 GTS as its just such a playful mid engined sports car.

The 991 was a bit sterile for back road driving: still stupid fast if pushed but lacked that feel if you like smaller cars compared to a 981. If the F type drove like a 981 we'd have a different discussion. If you driving is a bit more highway/high speed the 991 is likely a better ride since: GT car.

If getting a 991 be sure you like the seats and it has a sports exhaust IMHO. Base seats are horrible for normal sized folks: fits wider people. The PSE is just a giggle fest when turned on.

- b
I know what you mean, before ordered my second 981S, I test drove a 991 (non-S) and i found it less engaging than my 981S

I recently test drove a 981GTS looking to bring back that loving feeling and I found it torqueless now that I am used to the b58

the 991S has a lot more torque I know, but it can't compare to the torque of the f type

so yeah still utterly confused

the practical side of me says 991S (as most replies to this thread recommend), but the ftype made me smile like a child..
Appreciate 0