08-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #2393
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
760 rotors. The 750 rotors have a larger hat, and would require trimming of the brake pads, so I went with the 760 which have a smaller hat.

Thanks! Well, and so you don't have to fight that rattle clip anymore! The back loaded pads make everything so much easier. I thought about going with the smaller ones, but I really wanted to fill up the 343M's a bit more and the current 348's just didn't do that. The rotors are noticeably heavier than the 348's, so I'm definitely going to lose a bit of performance, but oh well.

Went with Goodridge lines, but direct from Goodridge out of the UK. The UK ones still conform to DOT standards and allow you to choose the color of the rubber protective layer that goes over the stainless lines, so I got them in "OEM" black.

Union, but I'm kind of iffy on recommending where I went, the finer attention to detail wasn't amazing. The masking job wasn't the nicest and you can see where the tape pulled some powder off. The "show" parts of the calipers look great, but the non-visible areas were noticeably rougher in terms of detail. I've heard good things about Need Powder coating though.

Tried to install over the weekend, but turns out I need a 3mm spacer to clear the calipers. I thought I didn't need it based on my previous fit up, but I didn't account for the 5mm washers needed to center up the calipers. So instead, here's a better photo lol
HAH, that spacer throws off the retrofit man, I had the same thing happen, if I didn't use the 4mm spacer to align the x5m calipers to the rotors, my wheels would have sit well. But now I've got the 3mm spacers which are still quite close to the caliper. Im using the Titan Wheel spacers from amazon (guess I got the last set since I dont see the 5x120 option there anymore) but they are good. This caliper set looks pretty sick! and the 374x36 rotor from the 760i is perfect size too. I feel I've slowed down my car with the added rotational mass of the 17kg X5m rotor!!
Appreciate 0