View Single Post
      12-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin01123 View Post
So I'm likely going to return the 6WB cluster. It feels like it's setup correctly because there is no red dot but we still can't get the mileage to match my car. I had the seller remote into my car and they told me the CAS is reading 0km which is believed to be the cause of the cluster reading a lower mileage than what the car has.

I pulled the car apart and looked for devices (an emulator) that would be in the places that they said but I didn't find anything. What do you think Bimmerpost?
Scan the car with ISTA for codes. A lot of times, emulators can introduce noise into the can bus system and throw codes. If you spot anything funky, you'll at least know there's 100% an emulator somewhere. That said, most emulators I know of are for the NBT Evo retrofits and SLI retrofits. The SLI emulator is usually attached directly to the wiring harness that feed the cluster.
Appreciate 0