View Single Post
      05-26-2018, 12:20 AM   #62
AZ-MCRacer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4, 2013 F10 N55

I am out of inlets at this time, if there is enough interest I might consider having more made. Before I decided to have them made I had talked to Tiago (Owner of VRSF), but at the time he didn't feel there was enough demand to make them. For someone like him it is profitable in volume to have larger runs made. As far as making more power, yes there is a definite advantage. Now when tuning I am not running out of air at the top end. It didn't matter what turbo you have if it is breathing through too small of a straw. Prior to the inlet I had a hard time getting over 17PSI on the Pure Stage 2.

I am in Arizona so tuning for power just isn't going to happen until the fall. Ambient temps are too high to get any decent power, our cars start pulling timing with high IATs. For now I think this is a good solution. In the future I can see better intake options with either a relocated MAF sensor or the MAF being eliminated. I know that is being worked on, but it completely changes the way you have to tune the car since you are not getting a reading of metered air pre-turbo.
Appreciate 0