View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 05:15 PM   #12
JEM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
The cars are essentially the same from an architectural perspective. The infotainment is updated and there are some styling updates. I loved my 2017 Macan Turbo. The SQ5 does slot between the S and GTS I believe from a power perspective, but you’ll be surprised how much more responsive the PDK and suspension is on the Porsche. I was all set to get an SQ5 but after driving a few Macans back to back, I drank the koolaid. I got a great deal on a Cayenne Turbo Coupe otherwise I’d still be driving the Macan Turbo. If the 2015 is a great price and we’ll cared for, I’d get that vs the S.

It’s kind of hard to step down to an S or base if you’re used to driving a Turbo or GTS.
I did take a peak at it today, it is in incredible condition. Barely driven really for being 6 years old. On average seems to be only driven 5,000-6,000 miles per year.

Price isn't too bad, $49,000 is probably a few thousand more than what it would be in a different market.

Dealership would be willing to toss in a year of warranty as well, and I can purchase additional warranty on it.

Ultimately, if it was a long-term car, I would do it but it's something that we do plan on keeping for only a year or two and then hopping into something larger later on after more kids are in the picture. While I know the talk of depreciation is always frowned upon on forums, but it is something I have to keep in mind with this purchase.

And yes while we don't "NEED" a Porsche, it's something I've wanted to give a try as I've been pretty loyal to BMWs for years now.

Other options are:

SQ5, F-Pace, GLC
Appreciate 0