07-01-2022, 02:29 PM   #8281
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
What am I going to do? Having a hissy fit never helps. It is what it is. There's no way I'm going to rush them. Let them take their time and do it right.
Totally unrelated but a similar situation... I had a guy sideswipe me at the bridge tolls back in March. Nothing serious but he managed to scrape most of the passengers side of my truck, including the running board.
Now my truck is full of tools and I use them every day. I was scheduled to drop my truck off at the body shop in late May. The car rental company that promised me a cargo van called the day before to confirm my rental. I said I'm ready, where do I pick up the van? Their response...Van???? No, we have your Durango ready. I sent them the following photo and told them I would not be responsible for any damage to the interior of the Durango. Needless to say they were not willing to give me the Durango.
After a few phone calls with supervisors and supervisor's supervisors, we agreed that they would find me a van asap. Asap turned into 4 1/2 weeks. Luckily my bodyshop was more than accommodating and said they would take my truck in as soon as I found a van.
4 1/2 weeks later I get a call from the rental company, you guessed it, they don't have the van they promised but they will get me the very next one to be returned. I decided to use the new van that was sitting at the office waiting for the new shelving to come in and be installed. (That's a whole other story. )I dropped my truck off for it's repairs.
Fast forward to picking up my truck at the body shop. It was one day late... no big deal except that as I walked up to check the repairs there was a scratch on the freshly painted door about five inches long. I went inside to bring the scratch to their attention. The paint shop manager was out in less than two minutes to see what had happened. He inspected, sent the truck back to have the scratch buffed out, had them buff out another scratch on the opposite side of the truck that had nothing to do with the original repair (a job I asked them to quote when the truck was in for the initial appraisal. Quote was $650. I declined.), and he gave me the new running board for the undamaged side of the truck to boot. All of this at quarter to closing before a long weekend.

TL, DR:
Often not being the Karen will get you a much better deal once the dust settles.
Attached Images

Last edited by Buug959; 07-01-2022 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615268.00
cmyx6go15761.00
Esteban43731.50