View Single Post
      11-08-2023, 07:52 AM   #14
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

I see more BMW driving habits come from suburbia soccer moms and flat bill wearing starbucks dads driving Tacos, Tahoes, Burbans, etc.

I would consider my self an asshole driver that most of you would probably hate. For the most part I always use blinkers, I always come to a stop. I used to be the one going 10 over, but now I typically stick to 5 over (which irritates me because now I get stuck with everyone else now). But everything for me is situation and location dependent. If I'm at home in the country my driving is far less aggressive. I use signals in advance, I give people room (with the below exceptions). But if I'm in the city I drive as if I'm in the city because otherwise you're more of a danger.

Tailgating for me is situation dependent and often times based on other drivers behavior. Fast lane and someone isn't making an attempt to go faster than traffic next to them? I give a minute or so to notice what you're doing before I make you uncomfortable so you get out of the way. If you're making an effort to pass and move over I'll stay back and give you your space and time. I usually always give room on a single lane highway unless you're one of those who slow down to 10 under when traffic is approaching and then speed up to 10 over when theres no traffic making it more difficult to get around you. Then I'm going to make you know I'm there.

Really it comes down to the other driver and their habits. If I come across someone who is a shit driver or being an asshole, well then I don't care, I'll treat you as you treat others, but if they are really bad or unsafe I'll keep my distance regardless.

I do think the BMW myth is due to 2 things.

1) The majority of your BMW drivers are upper middle to upper class folks who are often times less patient or have more of that "me me me" mentality.
2) A large portion of BMW drivers are here for that performance aspect of the car, which usually comes with a heightened sense of driving leading to faster and more aggressive driving habits.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15782.00
sygazelle11478.00
Oldgixxer1938.00