vuthy335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i montego blue - 2011

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNGNCE5 View Post
So I'm about to tackle this and I'm confident that majority of the car can be wrapped with cold pre-stretch besides the bumpers and trunk (besides post heat on the corners and complex curves). I plan on doing the front bumper in 2 pieces as I don't want the vinyl to stretch more than the recommended 10%. For the rear bumper, did you stretch the top where the trunk meets the top of the rear bumper (U-shape area)?
The majority of the car you can wrap by cold stretching easily. The rest of the car, front bumper rear U shaped area and trunk is the hardest. It's a whole different story once the car sits out in the sun and cooks. It'll shrink the stretched area back out. So you defintely don't want to stretch too much. I tried doing the front bumper in one piece. I thought I did well on it. But when the suns cooks it. There's some parts I need to redo or redo the whole bumper. I haven't decided. Doing it in 2 pieces would be a good idea. The rear bumper I did great. But now I'm gonna cut out the piece in the U shaped area and lay down a second piece. The Trunk I defintely have to redo. That area where the license plate goes is tricky. That's pretty much the only piece I have to redo. I'm just not sure if I just want to cut it and add a second piece or try again using only one piece.
Appreciate 0