09-23-2021, 11:01 PM   #271
mattinfll
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: X1, 428i GC, 128i Conv

Garage List
2022 X4 M40i  [0.00]
If you are true BMW enthusiast, you know what a true M car is. And you are not fooled by just the badging - so why does it matter. Today, M means more expensive, which is generally all the show offs care about. But the people who know, will still admire your "pure" M.

And why is BMW doing this? Because Mercedes is slapping AMG on everything above base, as Audi is doing with "S". It's all about how it looks on Instagram.

But stop buying Bimmers because of badging? Where are you going to go? Spend another $100K to $200K or more for an exotic? Who has a car in the price range that does what an M does, that doesn't have the same branding issues across thier product line?

By the way, I just ordered an X4 M40i. My first word as a child was "Mustang" (we debuted the same year), and I've been a car nut my whole life. I know exactly what I bought, and what I didn't. I didn't want to spend the extra cash, didn't want the harsher ride, and don't need to pretend I can race. But I still like a powerful engine and superior driving dynamics (compared to most cars out there). I'm not pretending to be anything. It's what BMW calls the car I want to drive right now. This is my 4th BMW, and hopefully not the last.
Appreciate 2
DanG10447.00