MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
To mention a few details:

I am locked in to 2 to 4, family duty before and after...

Landmark for your Nav is Peet's Coffee and Tea, 7845 Highlands Village Pl C105, San Diego, CA 92129. We will meet at the opposite side of the parking lot along the retaining wall that holds up the 56. There is usually some shade along that side.

I'll bring a few USB drives with the software that you'll need. The software runs on every version of Windows from XP through 10. I will bring my coding cable which will be available to anyone who wants to give coding a try at the meet.

The way we usually do this is that anyone who wants a little lesson and guidance should show up at 2. I'll hand out some cheat sheets and F10 and F30 coding guides and talk you though the basics. Then we will pass around the USB drives and everyone can copy the files onto their own computer and we will all help each other with the installation process.

After installing the software, we'll split up old hands and new guys and go to do sample coding in anyone's car that wants to learn.

This is not meant for people who just want someone to code their car, although that of course can be the result if both parties agree to it. This really is meant to be for people who want to learn, and to spread the knowledge within their own friends.

We are always short of cables, so if you have your own, please bring it.

If you want to buy a cable, I think you can find them on eBay or Amazon....search for BMW F10 coding cable. It must have an OBD plug on one end, and an Ethernet connector on the other.

See you soon!