View Single Post
      02-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerTito View Post
I am looking at getting this 2011 BMW 550i m sport with 51k mikes in it. It is a salvage title and was hit in the rear. How much should a pay to a private party with no warranty. He is wanting me to pay 17k
Have you contacted the insurance company for the original repair estimate, or are you just trusting the guy when he says it was hit in the rear? Tough to give you a value on a salvaged car.

But what I can tell you is that for 20k-25k, you can get a similar mileage 2011 535 or even 550 without a salvage title. The problem with the salvage is that you need to get detailed information on what was wrong, how it was fixed, and who fixed it. You could be setting yourself up for thousands in repairs in the first year, without any type of warranty. Plus if you get in an accident, good luck getting insurance to value that car anywhere near its true value. Sometimes salvage vehicles work out great, but other times they turn into a huge money pit that you can't give away if you tried.

I understand there is probably a budget you are sticking too, and I was the same. But I opted to go with a 535 diesel so that it would be fully loaded and I had some money to play with for upgrades (cosmetic & performance). So I'd just say we need some more information about the damage. Price seems high to me, given all the risk you are taking on

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 0