View Single Post
      01-22-2022, 11:13 AM   #380
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I've looked closely at both the pics you posted of the Caddy and BMW. I own a GM product and 4 BMWs (5 if you count my retired E30). To me the BMW interior is gawdy and akin to a brothel. The Caddy's, while you describe it as bland, looks quite functional to me; I'd rather sit in the Caddy and drive it, than the Bimmmer. The BMW seats look very uncomfortable to me. Are they fake 3-point rigs, or what? And carbon fiber on the seat back? Who GAF?

And until recently, BMW was the king of bland interiors, because form followed function, and the function of a BMW interior was to help the driver... drive better. You know, that "Ultimate Driving Machine" crap.
I think a lot of the bias comes from years and years of fantastic-plastic US car-manufacturer interiors. Even if some Euro interiors are better, the "gap" we are talking about is extremely small and in some cases, not there at all.

This is just a C7, but it shows that the interiors are no longer ridiculous hard plastic. A buddy has an early C6 and it's just ridiculous, hard plastic everywhere like a Japanese or Korean econo-box car. But I think a lot of testers...people too, are just drawn by their bias to point out things that when you look at it comparatively, are "just as bad" or even worse with the European cars. But they give the European car a "pass" on the same issues, like plastic stuff, cheap buttons, using the same steering wheel, blank buttons and so on. Like all the hype on some of the BMW boards about the "sport seats".
Attached Images

stein_325i25051.00