View Single Post
      10-31-2019, 08:34 PM   #1
Boulder Bill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

Experience with Rout 66 Warranty

I reluctantly purchased this warranty several years ago as I approached 50,000 (Route, not Rout!). I had to open a credit union account for $5.00, and paid @ $2,500.

Peace of mind with the N63 engine, right?

This spring, my drivers side airbag light went on. It was ultimately a clock spring and cost $2,300 to replace/repair. Route 66 declined coverage as they don't cover restraint systems. When I explained what the part was and sent them the diagram my SA provided, they fully paid.

More recently, dealer noticed a variety of hoses (oil and turbo) were leaking pretty badly. I also had a front door lock actuator that was starting to go and throw the fuse. Total for all of this was $7,000!!

At this point, my car is maybe only worth $25,000. I might have dumped the car (which I don't want to do - I still really enjoy the ride). But Route 66 didn't bat an eye and all I paid was some tax, less than $200.

I'm pretty impressed by the company and awfully pleased with my "investment."

Your mileage may vary.

Bill
2013 F10 550i | 6 Speed Manual | M Sport Package | Carbon Black | Oyster & Black Nappa | Dynamic Handling w/Dynamic Damper Control | Executive Package (Comfort Access - Soft Close - HUD) | B&O Sound | Luxury Seating & Heated Seats
(retired: 2002 E39 540i | 6 Speed Manual)

Last edited by Boulder Bill; 10-31-2019 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 1