View Single Post
      10-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

Should BMW revise the steering system on the F10 5-series?

So with all the magazine reviews and many persons including myself complaining how the new 2011 5-series models have gone from excellent steering feedback from the previous generations to the new non informative setup or feel, I feel that BMW should make a solid attempt to change this at least for the 2012 models and forward. The BMW E46 3-series model year 2001 had a steering change where many persons complained about less steering feedback and how light the steering felt. BMW changed this in model year 2002 and went back to the traditional steering feed back with the proper heft built back into the E46 chassis.

Why can't BMW just go back to Hydraulic steering for the standard models and for those who like the more artificial feel and offer electric steering only on Integral Active Steering optioned cars.
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0