08-01-2019, 06:18 PM   #47
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBWORLDZ2019 View Post
Currently I am looking for a tune from BMS. I saw the JB+. but my 2011 F10 535i has the Harness Type A. (Does your car have type A? ) So Mike from X-PH said I can't use it. The N55 JB+ has type B harness. I should use use BMS Stage 1, but tech support from BMS said I can use N54 JB+ (it has harness A). This is what I am confused. My car is N55, would that N54 work ?

And your subject line saids JB4 Stage 2, is this a different device ?
from BMS website, I only see JB+, BMS Stage 1 , then JB4. I don't see any sub category for JB4 Stage 1 or 2, or 3.

Can you clarify what is JB4 Stage 2, would that be a map thing ?

I currently only have a FTP Motorsport charge pipe and use 91 octane. Would that be a waste if I install JB4 ? Since I don't have DP and other mods to get more powers.

Just want to hear your recommendation and feedbacks.

Best Regards
Ced
So I just installed my JB4 on my 2011 535i with harness "A".

So here's the info for the JB+: up to 35 wheel horsepower and 45 wheel torque on the N55 motor. Automatically detects the engine type upon installation allowing the same unit to be used for any F series N20, N26, or N55 application!

So Mike was correct about the JB+ not working for your car since yours is a 2011. The JB+ only works for the BMW listed below:

BMW 5 Series
• 2012+ F07 535i GT
• 2012-2016 F10 F11 535i / 535xi

The BMS stage 1 on the N55 motor has only 1 map. This map allows up to 50 horsepower and 65 torque (40hp and 55tq to the wheels) from Burgertuning's website. You can use this for your car. I don't understand why they would refer you to use the N54?

The JB4 is the tune with 7 maps:

Map 0: JB4 disabled
Map 1: Additive target, around 4psi over stock.
Map 2: Additive target, around 6psi over stock. Suggested for those with 93 octane and bolt on modifications. Also good for small E85 mixtures.
Map 3: Progressive WMI mapping.
Map 4: Stock performance with JB4 active for logging only.
Map 5: Autotuning map, absolute target of 11-17psi based on octane and conditions.
Map 6: User definable absolute target map. Suggested for troubleshooting by professionals only.
Map 7: Race gas map. Absolute target of 18.5psi. Requires straight unleaded race gas.

So there's really no stage 2 but people call the JB4 stage 2 to differentiate from JB+ and the BMS. Also stages are referred to the different components you add in conjunction with the JB4 like downpipes, charge pipes, intakes, meth injections and exhaust. Each stage gives you more hp. Those components allow which maps you can and can't run. So mine is set to map 5 because the only mods I have is an exhaust. Map 5 is auto tuning based on octane and conditions. I could also use Map 1 which only gives 4psi of boost.

If you don't plan on getting DP's and just keeping the car stock you're better off getting the BMS.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0