View Single Post
      04-24-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride
This is also posted in F30 forum, but since F10 comes standard with alarm, I will repeat the post here to see if there is any additional clue.

My F30 has false alarm triggering for a while. The dealer replaced internal motion sensor(roof function unit) and tilt sensor with siren but the alarm keeps going off randomly. The tech said the panic function was triggered(based on ECU counters), but they said the key fob looks OK, given the metal clip of the OEM key fob case should actually protect the panic button from being pressed accidentally. It has been in the shop for a few times, except for one trigger at the service bay they could not reproduce the problem. The tech also suggested to do double-push, i.e. shut engine and then turn off ignition, before locking car. I also tried double-push, and then double-lock(lock, unlock, lock again), but the problem persists. As of now, every time I lock the door, there is a 50%-65% chance the alarm will either trigger within 1-2 minutes, or the red nose blinking when I return to car. At times I will be at restaurant, or at home, or at work, for an hour or so, and see the alarm going off from a distance(say, more than 150 feet?) with no one/car in the vicinity.

Has anyone experienced this on F10?
Be advised, the double push is disabling the motion detector---a key feature of the security system.
Appreciate 0