View Single Post
      07-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #30
VB5ER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael14789 View Post
Yes, I am a little bit OCD and sometimes I'm proud of it and sometimes makes my head in

I strongly believe that you couldn't stretch the vinyl enough on the corner for a very simple reason - cheap, crap ( read sh###t vinyl). Your local wrap shop charge 200 because they probably using quality stuff (I think - unless they ripping people off )
Get yourself the 3M - they do charcoal colour finish too and you will notice the difference straight away. Make sure you leave a little bit to go around the corner and stick it underneath to prevent shrinking back (obviously it can't be massively overstretched in the first place).

And please cut those chrome bits out - believe me it doesn't look good - it looks cheap, tacky, unfinished !!!
Thanks for the response. The vinyl is from vvivid and seemed legit but I agree that the 3m is a higher quality. I'll give it another shot since I have the material already, worse case scenario I get a little more experience working with vinyl. Can always drop off the console to the pros. Also, agree on cutting the chrome bits out on the ash and cholder lids. Quick fix on that one.
Appreciate 0