labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bav@Heart View Post

Surly73, is your MPE yo exhaust enough to hear shifts and burbles with no enoying loud exhaust noises?
That's another question. It's hard to tell over the Internet. I feel my MPE is louder than some and have yet to prove any theories why. With windows closed, highway cruising, 8th gear, long distance I find it annoying. It gets on my nerves, drowns out the bass in my music unless I crank it etc... Windows open and speeds <55mph it sounds pretty good.

With MPE, my MHD Stage 1 tune set to 0.2s of OEM-style burbles, my XHP Stage 2 in M mode (which on my non-DEC car is probably also using Sport+ maps in M mode), it's a pretty nice soundtrack TBH. Downshifts rev match (they did stock too) but with a tiny bit of burble after the downshift, upshifts in M are all quick "brap" shifts. I disabled loud cold starts with MHD too, so there's another annoyance gone.

Most "videos" on XHP show video of the instruments, and people doing WOT runs to 200kph. That doesn't tell me anything I need to know, that's not how I drive. I have done a few changes to my F10 to try to bring back the driving spirit of the E39/E90 and get a more engaging experience, not beat someone in a street race to the next stoplight. MPE+MHD+XHP has done this. The KWv3s are on their way

Off topic--
On the MPE, there were/are multiple part#s for the F10 535. I have the old one 18-30-2-293-447 which came with the single-wall polished tips. It was revised less than a year after release with no reason given other than a guess that it was to sell tips separately and offer multiple varieties of tips. I still haven't determined if the sound was changed.

I've stumbled across threads about the 2/3/4 series and that there are multiple MPE part numbers for different world markets that they don't talk about much. The US one seems loud and open like mine, the European/Canada one is not much louder than stock (but still lists for >$2k). People had no idea that they weren't comparing apples-to-apples until they compared exact part numbers.
Surly, sorry is you already said this but what year and how many miles do you have.

I have Mpe and BMS intake and Mhd tune with 90k miles and was thinking about leaving it alone but the trans tune is tempting.
I drive the 535 as my daily

Side note, I do have an e39 m5 with a corsa exhaust and mid pipe so when I want to rip around for fun I take that...
Appreciate 0