View Single Post
      01-31-2018, 02:35 AM   #5
Bradost
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post
Now that is some woeful ignorance if I've ever seen it. Just because you chose poorly chasing power doesn't mean its impossible.

400-450hp isn't possible with the stock turbocharger, period. It cannot flow a large enough volume to attain that, even with all the bolt on supporting mods about 375hp is all you're going to see out of it.

The stock BOSCH HPFP isn't going to flow enough fuel to support power output in excess of 400hp either.

You're going to have to upgrade the turbocharger, fuel system and get real with the performance software (Not Dinan) I'd recommend checking out Mission Performance. With flash tuning now available JB4's are dead IMO.

Charge pipe is a requisite to doing anything to raise the boost pressure levels, its known to burst under stock boost and I've replaced dozens of them on completely stock cars.

I'm making 450+hp, and after I'm done with my fuel system upgrades I should be good to go up to 600hp/tq without using port injection.
woeful ignorance !? this guy is worried about getting CEL and probably he don't want void the warranty, so you are saying upgrade the turbocharger + fuel system + ECU flash + and plus more modifications , even if you got 400HP not WHP at the end the standard F10 transmission is not rated to handle that much power! no offense but do you have Dyno results of your 535i 450+HP?
Appreciate 0