View Single Post
      06-25-2018, 06:48 AM   #13
euluk83
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 520d 2015

same problem, bmw now willing to find the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelvin View Post
Hi, I posted the below comments in a different thread a few months back. Given my success you could try your dealer again. Be persistent. Let me know if it helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought I would share this as it is really quite interesting from BMW.

I bought a high spec 530 D M Sport Touring F11 last January with a list price of £59,000 UK pounds, it had 1720 miles on it. From day one the brakes squealed under light braking such as in traffic. The noise was quite loud and nearly every day. The dealer had the car back 4 times for the issue (under warranty) but could not resolve. In the end they wrote to me a few weeks back and said they could do no more and BMW AG would not pay for anymore warranty claims on brakes, not least they are parts subject to wear and tear. If I wished to pursue the issue I would personally have to pay for the work !! Naturally I was irritated and reminded them that this noise should not exist on a £59k car with 1720 miles on it from back then nor now even though it has currently got 8500 miles on it, and that I had been very fair in letting them try to cure the problem over the last 12 months. They had heard the noise and I had submitted to them 3 minutes of audio recordings of it too.

They agreed to take one more look at it. I believed at this point that they would probably replace the brake pads as there seemed no other obvious culprit. They rang me the following day to say that they had submitted a PUMA report to BMW AG, and they had instructed them to not only replace the pads, but also the discs and the callipers too, but get this, they also instructed them to upgrade the discs to the M Performance discs, and also fit the same callipers as fitted to the 535 D M Sport. The dealer showed me all the paperwork and correspondence to prove it as they were as surprised as I was. Sure enough they finished the upgrade 2 days later and all seems fine so far. BMW AG have also update the original build spec of my car on their systems to reflect the upgrade so future owners and other dealers will fit the new parts automatically should they need service or change in the future. Apparently it is due to a resonance issue on some 530 D M Sport F11s. I am told by the dealer that IF I had had to pay for this upgrade it would have cost me around £4000 pounds !!

Obviously this is a very good result for me, but I would be interested in any readers comments on this or similar stories as I am certain that BMW initially hoped I would put up with the issue and go away. This is obviously a known problem or why else agree to such a draconian upgrade from the original brake spec ?? I have to say I am quite shocked at what they did for what was just squealing brakes, but at least they did come good in the end even if I did have to be very persistent !!

have one problem with my f10 520d 2015, it has the end of the warranty check and i have addressed this problem to bmw twice allready, and they are saying that this a normal sound of the brakes on this king of age f10, i sayd to them that it is not normal for a car like this to make this noise when braking at stop point and releasing the brake pedal like in the video, now my question is what do i have to do, becouse bmw will not recognise this hidden problem, and the end of warranty is next month, i will apreciate some help please. Thank you
Appreciate 0