View Single Post
      02-10-2020, 02:29 PM   #15
Shaun543
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 2015 528i, F15 2015 X5 50i

Brake Bleed Fluid Change Nightmare

I went to change the brake fluid on my 2015 F10, as I did on my wife's 2015 X5 with no issue. Well....I've had the issue. Now I have paid probably 2-3x as more as if I just got it done by the dealer. I first started with a vacuum bleed, not much juice came out. Then I went to a pressure bleed, not much different. By this time it is obvious I put air in my lines. So now, I go on Amazon and get the reverse bleed set-up. Still no good results. So finally I got the ITAS software and ran with that. All went well. You can see a read out when you are done and both my axels are at 20psi at calipers, the pedal is like around 4psi. I have great pedal when the car is off, but still feels spongy when on. Should I go another round with the ITAS software set-up? Or is 4psi at the pedal where it is supposed to be. This has been a nightmare. I see so many videos and so many comments where a conventional brake bleed is fine....I have not seen it. I am glad it went ok on my wife's X5, but now I am questioning that pedal feel now since I have gone through all of this on mine.
Appreciate 0