02-14-2020, 07:49 AM   #18
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun543 View Post
I went to change the brake fluid on my 2015 F10, as I did on my wife's 2015 X5 with no issue. Well....I've had the issue. Now I have paid probably 2-3x as more as if I just got it done by the dealer. I first started with a vacuum bleed, not much juice came out. Then I went to a pressure bleed, not much different. By this time it is obvious I put air in my lines. So now, I go on Amazon and get the reverse bleed set-up. Still no good results. So finally I got the ITAS software and ran with that. All went well. You can see a read out when you are done and both my axels are at 20psi at calipers, the pedal is like around 4psi. I have great pedal when the car is off, but still feels spongy when on. Should I go another round with the ITAS software set-up? Or is 4psi at the pedal where it is supposed to be. This has been a nightmare. I see so many videos and so many comments where a conventional brake bleed is fine....I have not seen it. I am glad it went ok on my wife's X5, but now I am questioning that pedal feel now since I have gone through all of this on mine.
There are some extra things to do if the system has been "open" - like the rear calipers may need to be removed and manipulated by hand.

The TIS instructions start at this link, with several other links off of that.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...nts/1VnY1gRBo9

I browsed through some of the instructions regarding master cylinder replacement (probably the worst case for air in the system) and there was nothing more specialized than recalibrating the brake pedal travel sensor.
So, in theory, the existing 'brake bleeding with DSC' instructions using ISTA should get all the air out.
Appreciate 0