Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW550mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
That part number is for E60/E65 models which were the previous gen. If I look up the throttle body for N63 F10 on realoem, it shows the same part number being used on the F10 M5 so I'm not quite sure what benefit these would bring.
@addy the high flow throttle bodies deliver air at a higher rate than the stock ones. When you pair that up with a high flow intake system, it boosts hp, and overall acceleration.
I understand how they work, I'm just curious as to why dinan did not come up with the newer throttle bodies for the N63/S63 engines. I mean they came up with the air intakes, but use stock TBs and MAFs and still gain 131hp(according to them). Neither Dinan, nor Alpina for that matter developed bigger TBs for these engines. I'm guessing the qty of air going in was not that big of an issue to get the numbers they are getting (600hp+)
Intact when Alpina bumped up from 540hp to 600hp, they only made the air boxes bigger and the air ducts going into the air box bigger. Still they used the same air filter/MAF/TBs.
Appreciate 1