View Single Post
      08-27-2018, 10:40 PM   #24
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
..not to mention that on percentage basis more BMW owners mod and tune their cars running over spec
hows that suppose to improve "reliability" stats?

mine is running very smoothly w/o issues (made in Munich) ya vo!
I beg to differ on this point. There are just as many Japanese cars which are also modded and pushed beyond OEM specs and they are just as reliable if not more so.

I am sure all car manufactures learn from past design faults and try to improve and perfect things and develop the next product but it's just seems even the basics are sometimes lacking. I do agree that trying new and innovative ideas always introduces risks but I would think that most of the problems would be found during the testing period.

Overall I think the reliability stats are calculated and averaged over the car marques entire range and not one particular model or line so I still don't understand how the reliability scores are still subpar considering the price premium. I would hope that they would put a little more priority on improving their reliability ratings and image. Similar to the way the Korean marques have persisted and now their brand image and reliability have greatly improved over the years. I do acknowledge that the German marques do offer a comparable new car warranty but past that I think most people tend to stick with more reliable makes.

I guess in the end it's just piece of mind. There are many people who rely on consumer reports and other sites and publications when making car purchases. When I first brought up that I was considering buying a BMW most of my friends and family said they didn't recommend to buy because they break down or usually have electrical problems so just lease it.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00