View Single Post
      08-28-2018, 08:28 AM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Generally, I think that everyone's experiences will differ thus providing different responses. In my experiences with Lexus, Infiniti and BMW; I spend more time working on my BMW. The Infiniti I got rid of after two years due to the passenger side rear brake kept locking up, had it replaced 3 times in 2 years, new lines and all. My BMW's I constantly worked on although a lot of those hours were spent either coding or doing cosmetic mods. On my E93 I have not done any performance mods as I don't expect to keep the car but maybe another year and this will reduce my selling market.

My E36 had a N62 dropped in it from the guy I bought it from. Wicked fast, scary at times. Also had constant problems with it, which ultimately lead to me selling it within a year. The guy I bought it from had a BMW/Porsche junkyard and tinkers around and builds some crazy stuff. He had a E36 with a 5.7 V8 crate in it that he used as a drifting car, that thing was nuts.

My Lexus was an IS350 (2011) bought it in 2013 and I loved that car. Everything about it seemed to be precision. I spent far less on maintenance overall on this car in the 3 years I had it. Oil changes, tires and brakes; that was it. In all fairness my BMW is a 2008 so I expect to spend more on it maintenance wise. The Infiniti was ok i guess; it was a 2009 G35. I got more compliments on that car than any car I've owned as aesthetically it was awesome, completely murdered out, debadged and sat on 20" Lorenzo's, but to me it just felt cheap.

My current E93 lacks in bells and whistles as it's the base model (oddly enough still has bluetooth, adaptive headlights, power everything, etc.) but is the most enjoyable to drive of all that I've owned. The acceleration is amazing and the fact that I can put it into a curve at speed still blows my mind.

All in all, I spend more time and money on BMW's but also enjoy driving them more which is what they are built for.
Appreciate 0