View Single Post
      06-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
Saalih
Rep
Drives: 2011 535GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
You thoroughly understand the purpose/role of the GT

I suspect with time more people and/or potential US buyers will grow to appreciate the merits of the GT. If not ohh well. The thing that gets me is that people don't realize that option for option the GT is actually a 7 Series.
There are options on the GT that are not available on the F10 5 series although they share the same series designation. The wheel base, overall length, interior space, etc are all 7series specs. In essence its a 7 series (750i) with a hatch, at a lower price point than the 7.

No other car in the enitre BMW lineup, with the exception of the 750li offers more interior space period. Overall cargo space goes to the x5 but not by much.

I for one say there is nothing wrong with a big BMW as long as it performs like a BMW should and the GT does so. I may get an e92 M3 coupe in addition to my GT some time in the future, I like what that car has to offer as well. There is a product for everyone within BMW's product line, its great to have choices, and BMW understands that "one size" doesn't necessarily fit all.

don't forget the Panorama option...
Appreciate 0