View Single Post
      05-21-2015, 06:11 PM   #1
psyxologos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 330 ci SE, F11 530d SE

camera system issues

Hi all. I have been facing an intermittent issue with my camera system. I have the surround and rear view camera system in my F11 and from time to time I will get an error message in either. For example, every once in a while one of the cameras on the side of the car will not work (resulting on the warning message) and will not work for a couple of days. Then all of a sudden it will start working again. Another type of problem appears on the rear view camera. Most of the time it will work properly, I can see everything all right, including the red and green lines you can chose an a option to show you where the car will go if you continue reversing. Then some other times one of the red lines will not be there, and I will get the error message. any idea if this is a software issue that I can sort out somehow, or it might be a hardware problem? I do not want to take it to BMW and be charged a huge amount of money for diagnostics on something that might be quite straight forward to sort out. Does anyone have any experience of this? Is there a way to 'reset/reboot' the system and see if this sorts it out? Many thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0