Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewLC View Post
Here's my review so far on my Bootmod3 experience. I have a 2011 PWG 535 with a stage 2 AGG tune. As all the reviews have mentioned already this totally transforms the car. Its insane how much better the car feels overall. It's like the car shed 1000lbs.

It's only been about 3 weeks but my observations so far:

My car is a 6spd and the stock clutch was not very happy after the first week with the Stage 2 tune. My car is higher mileage, about 110k miles, so slipping may be due to it being tired but I had no slippage with the stock tune. It doesn't slip in first or second (due to tire spin) but once it hooks in 3rd and 4th the clutch slips instantly at anything over 50% throttle. I've stopped using anything more than 50% throttle in the higher gears to save the clutch for the time being. The plan is to upgrade to a 550 clutch shortly. Im also going to try a stage 1 tune and see if the stock clutch can hold that.

Second observation is the burbles sound like trash with the factory exhaust. The sound is muffled so much by the oem mufflers that the pops and burbles don't sound nice at all. They sound like weird pops and puffs, almost like a baby spitting lol. I've turned off the burbles for the time being.

Unrelated to the tune, I also added a VRSF downpipe. As all the reviews say, it does not fit well. It took a lot of messing around for my mechanic to get it to seal properly. To my surprise the exhaust sound almost didn't change. I would say it's maybe 5-10% louder which really surprised me. There is a noticeable increase in smell with the cat less downpipe. Windows up, it's not noticeable but with the windows down you will smell it at a stoplight. What becomes very annoying and noticeable with a cat less downpipe is the wastegate rattle. On cold start it's become very loud and obnoxious, it makes it sound like there's a massive exhaust leak. Turning off the cold start feature significantly reduced the noise. It's still noticeable at times but cold start was the absolute worst.

I do have a little stumble at idle but I did also replace the oem spark plugs with the recommend NGK plugs. Im not sure if it's the tune or perhaps the plugs are not gapped correctly. I plan to double check the gap and see if that solves the problem.

Overall very satisfied and would highly recommend bootmod3 to all F10 owners.
Don't mess around with the 550 clutch on a stage 2. Upgrade your clutch and flywheel. My spec 3+ clutch and single steel mass will be done soon and I'll give a review. There's concern with rattle on a SMF but we shall see. There's a twin disk clutch that supposedly give stock feel but I'm not going that way. The 550 clutch will hold but your stock dual mass will not.

Also a stage 2 over the course of a year or so will kill your stock turbo. If you stick with stage 1 just get the 550 clutch and delete your CDV. If you go stage 2 upgrade you turbo, fmic, clutch and DMF
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0