05-20-2021, 10:47 PM   #13
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJV3 View Post
I have them. I love them. Last year I put them on my oem 351 M 19's and got alot of compliments. I recently powder coater my wheels high gloss black and added the color match vinyl sticker to cover the blue on logos. Now they definitely look sick. Once issue I am having is one of them appears to get stuck. I washed the center cap in soap and water, used an air duster to get out any dirt, used wd 40 to make sure the bearing runs smooth. It still is getting stuck. I am not sure if the cap is slightly warped or maybe the inner lip where you mount the center cap has some over spray from the powder coating and not allowing the cap to "float." Now I look like a jerk with 1 spinning center cap. May have to go back to the floaters. May just go back to the stock ones and add the color matched vinyl stickers again.
Standard WD40 isn't a lubricant. Sounds like excess powdercoat. Maybe a little emery cloth or 3K grit sandpaper is in order to smooth the mounting surface. Does the cap spin in your hand? That would rule in or out the bearings.
Appreciate 0