View Single Post
      04-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
mediocrechris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i xDrive

2016 535i owners, please help me with BMW anxiety

Long story short, last week I bought a CPO 2016 535i xDrive with about 24k miles on it. There is some original warranty time left so I predict it will be out of CPO warranty around April 2021 or a little after.

Tonight I made the mistake of browsing the bbb.org page for BMW USA and then I noticed that BMW NA's Facebook page has their reviews page hidden from public view, and that tells me that on Facebook the reviews must be horrible. Just in case you didn't know, the BBB gives BMW N.A. an F rating.

I've done a lot of google/forum searches and every time I become reassured that the 2016 535i is a decent car, I find another story about BMW and it makes me worry again.

Are there any 2016 535i xDrive owners who can tell me stories to either prepare me for what to expect as my car's mileage increases or anyone who can reassure me that this is a good model and that it should be dependable if I take care of it? Should I plan to trade this car in the day before the warranty expires or are you having good results so far?

Typically I'm a very responsible driver who is daily driving about 100 miles round trip of highway miles in Eco mode. Hot-rodding, redlining, is avoided and my top speed is usually hovering around the 80-83 mph mark.

Aside from staying on top of the maintenance, is there anything I could/should do to prolong the life of the car and avoid problems?

Thank you in advance for your information.
Appreciate 0