Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 535i 13 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Vasha View Post
That's your issue... nobody asked for you to comment and depreciate this guys mod. Just let him do it. I wouldn't want someone calling out my mod. I didn't make a random accusation when I replied to you. If it had such a glare that you make it seem to have then when haven't I been flashed by oncoming traffic? A proper led bulb will not glare. I mean seriously, there so many aftermarket led fog lights nowadays and majority of people don't seem to have a problem with it. Same principle with putting a decent led in a corner light housing. There's not much else to debate about.
Quote:
I didn't make a random accusation when I replied to you
Quote:
And tbh do u even have an F10
Hmmmm. Sure.

Yes, a LED bulb in a housing designed for LED bulbs will not glare. The key issue is that the housing in the corning light is not designed for a LED bulb, they use different reflector designs in LED and Halogen housings. Seriously, just look at BMW's own LED headlight housing designs. They're nothing like halogen ones for a reason. There's a TON of examples on various other car forums of people complaining about others putting the power of a small sun in their headlights.

Quote:
If it had such a glare that you make it seem to have then when haven't I been flashed by oncoming traffic?
Because you're a whooping sample size of one. Woah.

I absolutely will criticize someone for a mod that can directly negatively affect other drivers, especially if it's being passed off as just an "aesthetic mod". If I installed a similar mod, I'd be perfectly open to such criticisms. Not only that, you're also risking another driver's safety. A very bright light on a dark road is very distracting and can seriously reduce their night vision for a couple of minutes. Unless, of course, you don't really care about this, then go ahead and do whatever you want.
You've really taken it upon yourself to show us the size of your balls huh. No one cares what you know about physics, let alone anything so gtfoh. FYI cornering lights only come on when you're turning, going below a certain speed, with the light directed to the side. So your whole argument of light being flashed onto oncoming traffic isn't even valid. I also don't know who has time for this nonsense. Get a life
Appreciate 0