04-24-2019, 06:29 AM   #11
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealet23 View Post
Now to get my sound back... do I need to charge the battery 100% again like at autozone or does anyone know of another way to reenanble the sound/warning tones? I don’t believe my amp is bad as when I charged my battery at autozone and put it back in the car, all of the sounds worked fine. Then the next day I got the battery drain warning with no warning tones (again which i think the handles had something to do with it). Any help?
If the car's own IBS system is kicking in to disable systems because of a weak battery or malfunctioning modules in the car, bypassing the IBS when charging the battery (e.g. outside of the car or directly at the battery terminals) will just confuse it further. The IBS watches voltage, temperature, and energy entering/leaving the battery at all times, even when the car is off. For it to monitor energy in/out, the charging current must flow through the IBS, which doesn't happen when you charge at the battery terminals.

1/ you can get the battery load tested on a bench to determine its condition authoritatively.

2/ you should overnight slow/trickle charge the battery via the under hood terminals. The IBS watching the charge current entering the battery and the voltage rising until everything is at 100% and then knows that the battery is once again fully charged.

3/ If you get a new battery, register it. There are lots of different ways to do this, in particular apps. I noticed the MHD flasher app can even do it, and you might be able to run that part for free if you have the right cable. If you used the same or nearly the same capacity as the original battery no need to code - if you got a different capacity battery you should code the car to best match the battery.
Appreciate 0