04-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #30
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztx84 View Post
Its really easy for us to say "oh, you've got to leave room" but these guys are racers. Verstappen had to try and defend and the inevitable result was a crash.
Complete bull. So every attempted pass inevitably results in a crash? There's nothing inevitable about a driver who consciously decides to make illegal moves to block any passing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar93 View Post
My opinion is that RIC took a risk and VES was a bit reckless (the entire race), and it resulted in a racing incident.
What risk did RIC take? He had much more speed, and he was in-control enough to change from an outside to inside pass. To say this was a risk, is to admit that VER is too reckless to pass; and if so, he shouldn't be driving in F1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar93 View Post
The RBR incident aside, anybody else surprised at Ferrari's tire strategy? Maybe I missed something, but I felt like they really made a mistake putting VET on the yellow softs. At this point they were more than half way through the race, and VET seemed to be managing his wear very well, and they already knew HAM was struggling with bringing the yellows up to temperature. It seemed like they could have put him on the ultra-softs (even if it meant extending the yellows further) which would have put him in a good position for the end of the race.
Vettel was once-again screwed by the safety car appearance, which put him in an unfavorable position, which couldn't have been predicted.
Appreciate 1
wdb4732.00