View Single Post
      11-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
CeeTee
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

I have a late 2016 535d with VDC, having previously had a 530d on 18" wheels but no VDC.
VDC is nice, and on sport the suspension is stiffened slightly over comfort, but its not light and day difference.
I was perfectly happy with the ride on the 530d on smaller wheels/higher profile tyres.
Nice to have VDC if it comes 'free' on a used car that someone else has paid for, but I wouldn't pay new money for it.
Depends I suppose where and how you use the car. You don't really need it if you bowling up and down motorways mostly for instance?

HUD I thought was probably a gimmick, before I actually used it. Really useful and I would say indispensable now. Looking straight ahead at sat nav directions when going through towns and busy areas is extremely useful.

I also have the comfort seats which I would recommend, but hardly any used cars have it.
The way the upper part of the seat back follows the contours of your spine is very comfortable to have.

Also folding rear seats - a must have really yet also very rare. Why are they not standard.
How else can you get an 8 foot long piece of MDF in the car??
Appreciate 0