07-30-2021, 02:48 PM   #138
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I didn't think it would be possible.
I think the FIA would only revoke their decision if intent was at play (so intent to cause a crash, which is different to take risks that might cause a crash).
For that RB has to prove that HAM would have caused the crash on purpose.

First of all I don't think that's the case, something I said way before last thursday, namely here:
https://www.zpost.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=282

And secondly, something like that is virtually impossible to prove, unless they had something like records of a MERC meeting where that was said (which is virually impossible).
Of course no one exactly knows what RB had which they thought would be aggravated circumstances to change the FIA's mind and result in a more severe penalty.

The only penalty that would have helped VER would be a penalty where either HAM points would be taken away or HAM being disqualified for the next race, but I think that the FIA only considers such penalties when intent is at play.
HAM crashing into VER wasn't intent imho, it was more of a 'now or never' action.
He came into that corner way too fast, couldn't hold the racing line, couldn't dive into the gap VER left him on the inside, and crashed into VER.
HAM came in too hard because he knew that if he didn't try at Copse in that lap, he would never see VER again.
So yes?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50