View Single Post
      05-04-2019, 01:08 AM   #1
FedeRiCo_535i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 535i M Sport

What exhaust should I get?

I'm sorry if I'm posting the same topic over and over. I've searched this whole forum thoroughly and I still cannot decide. I have many questions and I appreciate any feedback you can give me.

My car: 2016 BMW 535i M Sport

The number one thing I want to upgrade is my exhaust and I've been researching through forums and listening to sound clips of all different exhaust. I have some questions:

1: What exhaust do you have and is it cat-back, axle back etc.. and how do you like it?

2: With the many options available, which exhaust do you recommend?

3: Should I go axle back or cat-back? I'm hearing so many mix opinions on this. I.E. 1: Don't cut, go cat-back for straight bolt on and for better sounding. 2: Go axle back just for sound if you don't care about performance. Which do you recommend, axle or cat-back?

4: Consideration: stock m5 exhaust or m5 comp exhaust (pretty hard to find and nobody in the marketplace is answering my messages) Remus axle back, magnaflow axle or cat-back, and Megan axle or cat-back. No local shops carry Remus so I would have to order those online. I want quad tip exhaust and I already have the diffuser for it since this is definitely something I'm going to do.

5: Sound: I really love the deep sound and I just want to be able to hear my car when I put some gas on it as well as a good nice sound while at idle and morning startups. Living in Los Angeles, I do hit a lot of traffic on my morning and evening commutes to and from work. However, I will get times where I can cruise on low RPMs so I don't want loud droning. I do tend to play my music somewhat loud so I know it will drown it out a little, but definitely want to avoid the droning.

6: Price: People say if you're going to spend $1-1.5k might as well go cat-back and spend another $3-$600. I really don't want to spend more than $2,500. I already found a few local reputable shops that would do axle back magnaflow install for $7-$800.

7: Last but not least, I'm definitely down to buy someone exhaust on here if they are willing to ship or I can meet up with them locally (I live in Los Angeles, CA). I can pay quickly through Paypal.

Thanks again fellas, very much appreciated!

FedeRiCo

Last edited by FedeRiCo_535i; 05-04-2019 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 0