View Single Post
      05-05-2019, 02:19 AM   #4
gpabalinas81
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i M Sport

I went with the Remus exhuast which is an axle back, you can find them on ebay from remus direct for around 1300 bucks, I went with the 84mm black chrome and carbon fiber tips, it's not a full cat back system, but the most restrictive part of the exhaust system is the rear mufflers since they have all those damn chambers in there to quiet the car down, changing the rear mufflers alone can add some power depending on your other mods, the other restrictive part are the resonators and obviously the catalytic converters, at that point a full cat back system along with down pipes would really free up additional power, but I am on the same boat as you and also in California, so I just went with the axle back so that when I have to smog at least I don't have to worry, but even with a cat back system, you wont have to worry about smog, it's only when you get your down pipes / removing the cats is when you have to worry about not passing smog. Essentially at the end of the day it's going to be how loud you want the car to get, full cat backs depending on brand get pretty loud, I've heard Meisterschafts in person, it's pretty loud, nice tone though, really bassy and beefy! has that "racer" raspy sound to them, I wanted something with a nice deep tone with little to no drone so I went with the remus. The choice is your's brother!
Appreciate 0