09-05-2021, 11:30 PM   #300
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So I have been thinking about this overtake from Max on BOT.
Obviously Max was faster because of DRS and new tyres, but I still think BOT let him overtake quite easily (imho BOT also isnt the best driver under pressure).

I think he LET Max overtake quite easy. (so on purpose). He was the race leader so he was allowed to defend.

Also BOT getting the fastest lap and forcing HAM to come in and forcing HAM to perform that last lap to win the last lap back was a really strange move imho, but that is also in line with that easy pass from Max.

It's pretty sure for some weeks now that BOT will not be driving for MERC next year.
And these events let me to believe that he will not be driving for williams or any other MERC powered car, and that the rumours are true that he'll sign with Alfa Romeo.

So how does BOT behaviour from this race fall in place with him signing with alfa romeo? Why is he helping? Max?
Alphatauri is RBR sisterteam, NOT Alfa romeo!

But there is another link I think.

Can anyone guess what I'm thinking about?
In the post race press conference Max stated that Bottas is a respectful driver and had no concerns about passing him. Bottas seemed to appreciate the compliment, Hammy didn’t.

Anyone else noticed how Hammy uses the term “they” to reference his own team. Provides real insight about how he operates and views the team. I wonder if Merc team members are strictly instructed that they are not permitted to ever assign causation to Hammy despite how obvious it may be, in stark contrast to the RBR environment.

Merc did indeed drop the ball, but why call out his own team and reference them as “they”. He is a strange bloke.

Max’s reaction to Hammy saying the RBR car is so strong.
Attached Images