View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 12:01 PM   #34
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

About the only way that you can really link any of the homelessness or crime here to legalization, is that people living on the fringes of society already are attracted to the possibility of easy money in the industry, they follow others people with a more legitimate interest or possibility, or that they hope that due to legalization that more other drug crimes or activities are overlooked by law enforcement or society.
Most of the homeless that I see are definitely either mentally ill, on harder drugs than weed, or just scammers too lazy to work.
I see some panhandlers that are obviously in an organized ring, probably being shuttled in from another area as well.
There is a small area near my office that has a large encampment, that they are having to come in and clear them all out of a riverbank, and do remediation to make it safe again, due to human waste issues, and crime, including s stabbing and multiple rapes recently. The cities on either side have camping bans, so this 1/2 mile stretch is a magnet for campers, and the amount of trash is overwhelming.
Appreciate 0