View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #1909
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

alright fellows just completed the install this afternoon! went to Menard's to pickup the Y splitter adapter and now it's installed and in place. RCA's zip tied and tucked away

was able to do a nice clean install of the cable to laptop interface when i need to tune the system

got all the lines squared away. the RCA and remote bass control wire is on the drivers side of the trunk and the power/ground/remote runs on the passenger side of the trunk. all covered with wire loom to give it a cleaner install

what's great about this is the easy disconnect in case i need to remove the sub for any reason.

here's the size of the enclosure for reference in case people were wondering how big this is?

side profile

here's how much trunk space i still have!

here's with the seats down. gonna play around with placement as far as how far back it should sit.

so now that i have full signal with that RCA adapter the sub now hits hard right out of the box. LP crossover i have set to 80hz. Gain is only set to 40% with the subsonic set to 0. still need to make adjustments using the program from Audiotech but i'll get that done this Weekend. so here's my impression thus far. with the Rockford Fosgate sub off since i can turn it completely off with the bass control knob the two underseat 8's actually sounds pretty good. for those looking for some nice kick i highly recommend swapping out the underseat subs with something better like Gladen, Focal as well as the Bav's. these Gladen's have a very nice sound stage presence! i don't feel the need to swap the center speaker as well as the rear speakers since the rears are just fill ins. the center however doesn't seem to have issues with the additional power from the MatchUp amp. Overall i'm very pleased with how well this turned out. i'm sure i still need to allow the speakers to break in and they should even come more alive than what i'm experiencing now.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 5