12-06-2021, 06:52 PM   #846
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Do you mind show us when and where Ham tried to "run Max off track"?

Agreed on Bottas's holding up though. It was funny how they (as a team) held people up and they complained about the red flag and their ability to change tires then…

I see those as the same as tire changing strategies and position changing within teams. Strategy is a big part of this game, and has always been (even more so when we had refuelling).

To say different kinda shows me that you don't know the sport very well? Maybe you do and just has a different opinion, which is fine. However, let's remember that it isn't just "drivers on their own being nice and allowing space and others pass when they have a faster pace". This isn't HPDE, or an open track day.

They'll still communicate with teams on radio, etc. it isn't just a one man show when it comes to racing at the highest level.
Strategy is great, the red flag restarts differ from initial race starts in that there appears to be no require minimum speed or car length distance during formation lap for red flag restarts, Hamilton is a master at exploiting this. A three word reference in the rules would correct this immediately (based on the printed regulations on my desk), silly FIA doesn’t address it immediately like the first MERC bendy wing saga.

Lap 43 is the hammy running Max off.

Consistent application of the rule starts with getting consistent application of the simple ones binary rules.

Simple rules

Double yellow flags is it 5 grid penalties, 3 grid penalties or no penalty
Race restarts can the non pole cars back up the grid? Seems like this is an easy one to police.
Distance between cars during formation laps, another easy one.
Distance between cars during yellow flags, easy to do.
Impeding, penalty or no penalty
Impeding and almost causing a crash, penalty or no penalty

More complex
Tire to tire racing - no chance getting this right if the above is a cluster.

One driver giving the position back 4 or 5 times plus a 5 sec penalty, plus another 10 sec penalty. Joke.

Comical application of the rules. Akin to any Sports Entertainment show, but not what should be happening in F1.

Some watch it for entertainment, some watch it for witnessing the impossible. I can’t blame anyone for enjoying it for the former, but that’s not me.

Last edited by Bubbles; 12-06-2021 at 09:55 PM..
Appreciate 1