Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 530dM xDrive F11 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by npd2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBMW View Post
Frankly, this just really pisses me off to no end! I am sick of all the great diesel products Europe and the rest of the world gets and BMW will not sell them in the USA. I have a 2010 X5 35d that I am in love with - my first diesel and BMW diesels are now all I want to own. I would love a 5 series diesel, the X5 40d that has been in production in Spartanburg with an 8 speed transmission for well over a year now, a 1 series diesel for all of my business travel, etc. This is serious B.S.

I would buy the X5 550d or whatever the hell they call it right now - but NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I can't get one. I really think BMWNA may be run by idiots.
I agree with the lack-of-North American-diesel sentiment, but you can add the lack-of-North-American-touring models to that as well. It is bad enough to see the beautiful new 5 series wagon on this forum and not be able to buy it in the states, but now we have to be tauted by an M550D. Instead our market is offered the AZTEC/5GT?? BMW customers should be more sophisticated than the cross over trend seekers. As for the wagon situation, the consolation prize is a 328 touring...

Cheers!
Interesting comparison, 5-series GT/Pontiac Aztec. Someone said the GT looks like a Saab 900, not very flattering (for the Saab!) I wonder if the guys in lab coats in Munich have heard this. Hopefully they have so they can put an end to the GT:s misery...

Last edited by Bimmernerd; 02-22-2012 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0